The packing list seems like a simple thing but forget one little item and now you have a big problem. So here is our list. Each church/group might add or change some of these items. But it is our recommendation that these items be considered when packing for YouthCon. The temperature most likely will be upper 60’s & 70’s during the day and upper 50’s at night. IMPORTANT: The camp DO NOT provide bedding, only a mattress. So plan on bringing a pillow plus a sheet/blanket or sleeping bag.
If you are flying here are some options on how to save money in getting your bedding to YouthCon: One, get 1-2 big suitcases and put all bedding into that. Two, ship your bedding to the camp the week beforehand. Three, have a friend or even retired couple drive all your luggage and bedding out there and back. They get to stay for a relaxing vacation during the trip and it might save some hassle with checking luggage. Four, purchase items at a local store (Santa Fe is 20 mins) however there might be limited items available with multiple groups doing the same thing. It also might be difficult to drive to these locations.
- Clothes for 4 days (temp will be upper 60’s & 70’s)
- Pair of gym shoes (for various games or hiking)
- Jacket (it gets cold at night)
- Swimsuit (optional, must be appropriate)
Bedding: (Camp only provides a mattress)
- Sheet & blanket OR sleeping bag
- Mattress cover (optional)
- Soap/Body Wash
- Sunscreen (optional)
- Bible or Bible app
- Medication you need to take
- Snacks for the road (optional)
- Extra spending money (they have snacks and souvenirs at the camp)
DO NOT BRING:
- Fireworks or explosives
- Drugs, vape material, or any alcohol
- Weapons of any kind
- Video game systems
- Inappropriate t-shirts (anything referencing sex, drugs, alcohol, etc.)
- Negative attitude
*YouthCon is not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items.